Some older adults cannot be left home alone. But, they may want to remain in their homes and maintain their independence for as long as possible. If you are concerned about leaving your loved one at home, a live-in caregiver may offer the assistance you’re looking for.
Let’s learn more about live-in caregivers, what they do and the benefits they offer.
What are Live-in Caregivers?
Family Private Care offers live-in caregivers who actually “live” in your loved one’s home for at least five days a week. During the daytime, our caregivers provide whatever care is needed. At night, the caregiver is available for emergencies only.
All of our live-in caregivers are CNAs, or certified nursing assistants. They are able to offer a wide range of services to maintain the health and safety of your loved one, including:
- Taking blood pressure and vitals
- Medication management
- Personal hygiene (bathing, dressing and toileting)
- Fall precautions and repositioning
- Light housekeeping and sanitation
- Meal preparation and serving
- Assisting to appointments
- Companionship and socialization
How Live-in Caregivers Make a Difference
As you can see, our live-in care services are comprehensive and a wonderful alternative to having your loved one move into assisted living. You can maintain a positive relationship with your parent because they won’t be living with you, and they will enjoy having their independence. Plus, your loved one can get help with errands and doctor appointments.
Here are the benefits you can expect from hiring a live-in caregiver.
- Stay home. Keep your parent in the comfort of their home. Familiar surroundings are important, especially to those with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Specialized care. In assisted living, one caregiver may take care of several residents. With a live-in caregiver, your loved one gets individualized attention around-the-clock.
- Continuity of care. As your parent’s condition changes, their care will too. All care is tailored to your loved one’s exact needs and is provided by the same people who get to know and care for your family.
- Quality of life. Both you and your loved one will have an improved quality of life. Your parent’s needs will be taken care of, and you have the peace of mind that they’re safe and not alone.
Call Family Private Care to learn more about our convenient live-in caregiver services. Many families have benefitted and yours can, too!